FOLEY, AL 36535
Phone: 251.979.6641



Out-of-State Clients

Harville-Stein Law Offices, LLC, Represents Out-of-State Clients
When a loved one dies in a faraway location, it is often difficult to know what to do first, second and third. If your mother, father, sister, brother, cousin or other family member passed away in Alabama and you live out of state, rest assured that we are experienced and efficient at working with out-of-state clients whose family members have died in Alabama or who have died elsewhere and have property in Alabama.

Why contact a lawyer after a death in the family out-of-state? From a property standpoint, many steps will have to be taken to make sure that the proper distribution of that property is carried out. Life insurance may exist, bank accounts need to be identified and collected, retirement funds need to be obtained and homes, personal property and vacation properties need to be secured.  In some cases, you will not have a person from the family who can qualify as the Estate’s personal representative, and may need a county conservator, attorney or other person appointed by the court to handle these matters.  If a loved one died as the result of an accidental death, you may need an Attorney to coordinate filing a wrongful death suit on behalf of the Estate.

In other words, you likely need help to protect your interests in the deceased person's estate: his or her real estate, bank accounts and other assets and affairs.


Harville-Stein Law Offices, LLC, is a probate and estate administration law firm offering counsel and representation to out-of-state clients as well as to Alabama residents. We would be glad to evaluate the case of your loved one's death in Alabama — and to advise your family through the Alabama probate process.
© 2014 - Harville-Stein Law Offices, LLC- All Rights Reserved Website by Lyons Computers